Membership Operations Manager
- Direct Response
- Development & Communications
- New York, NY
To support the combined Membership Department (made up of our Direct Response, Member Communications, Interactive Marketing, Member Services and Public Information teams) by serving as the point person for all Membership expense reporting and tracking. This position will support the Membership department to ensure invoices are received, coded to the appropriate budget category, routed to appropriate Accounts Payable contacts in Finance, and assist in budget variance reporting. The Membership Operations Manager is also responsible for preparing documentation to support the annual joint cost allocation process, working with members of the Finance and Audit departments as needed.
Working with the Director of Operations, the Membership Operations Manager will also assist in revenue reconciliations, as needed, and other data entry as assigned. This position will also provide broader support to the Membership team by assisting as needed with conference and meeting preparations, clerical and administrative tasks.
- Coordinate the payment of tracking of all invoices by ensuring their proper routing & coding in the General Ledger by working closely with team leaders and Finance.
- Updating management expense tracking reports on weekly basis.
- Reviewing monthly expense reporting from finance with Senior Director and reconciling monthly expenses with Finance.
- Serve as liaison to Finance to set up new vendors.
- Serve as point person for annual joint allocation process by gathering project reconciliation reports, invoices, and samples of all applicable campaigns.
- Entering cost information for all direct response campaigns into constituent management database (PIDI) on regular basis.
- Organize all direct mail samples and department files and archive important memos, contracts, and reports.
- Assist when possible with office supply needs and travel arrangements.
- Support other areas as designated by supervisor.
- 3+ year of experience in related work.
- Experience handling invoices from external vendors and partners.
- Prior experience in accounting or bookkeeping preferred.
- Comfort with basic accounting principles.
- Basic understanding of direct response fundraising techniques.
- Working knowledge in computer applications such as word processing, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Understanding of integrated marketing channels of telemarketing, direct mail, direct response television and interactive media desirable.
- Detail orientated with strong attention to financial numbers.
- Detailed understanding of and prior experience with Microsoft Excel with demonstrated ability to perform investigatory analysis using pivot tables and lookup features in order to find answers.
- Comfort communicating with external vendors and key relationships.
- Excellent communications, computer and social skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Comfort taking direction from multiple management members.
- Professional development course in fundraising joint allocation.
- Knowledge of the Financial General Ledger as it pertains to Accounts Payable.
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off.