Senior Manager, Special Events
- Special Giving
- Development & Communications
- New York, NY
The Special Events Senior Manager will be part of a team who create, develop and execute ASPCA signature events and other department fundraising event activities. This individual will be primarily responsible for sourcing and developing event collateral, outreach to donors for event registration and event journals, logistical planning, sponsorship communication, and thorough industry research to ensure optimal program content. Individual should be able to strategically communicate with all relevant audiences, including solicitation of event sponsors, management of in-kind donor relationships, and prioritization of the most cost-efficient vendor relationships for meeting budget objectives. The individual will be responsible for managing event income and ongoing reporting into the Director of Special Events to address pre-determined monetary, program and public relations goals. This position is ideal for an experienced and versatile professional capable of managing a wide variety of special events, fundraising, public relations and corporate partnership/marketing responsibilities with excellent organizational, interpersonal and management skills. The manager reports to the Director, Special Events.
- Build relationships with select board members and other major donor event-Chairmen to enhance connection to organization
- Work with Special Events Director to research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships
- Prepare customized proposals to corporate decision makers.
- Responsible for day-to-day development, engagement and management of current event-related corporate sponsors and vendors for long-term relationship building.
- Manage and ensure timely execution of obligations of ASPCA partner contracts
- Review and edit vendor contracts, manage budget issues and manage creative approvals and deadlines.
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate marketing strategies to successfully recruit, engage and retain new event donors/participants
- Manage correspondence, solicitations and acknowledgment letters to existing donors
- Provide strategic counsel and support for donor and prospect cultivation and stewardship
- Manage and execute all phases of the Bergh Ball Journal, including ad solicitation, preparation and review of materials for journal, and payment follow up.
- Work in tandem with freelance designers to assure the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of special events, including promotional materials, invitations, programs and various signage meet deadlines and ASPCA branding requirements.
- Effectively manage and delegate job responsibilities to Special Events Coordinator for creative idea generation, research and execution of Special Events
- Work with Special Events Coordinator to organize processes for ongoing tracking and forecasting of income and expenses associated with assigned events and maintain comprehensive records, evaluations and reports. Effectively collaborate with other departments within the ASPCA to source new opportunities for growing existing/potential corporate relationships, as well as to strategically manage internal communications support around events
- Responsible for volunteer management required to plan and implement special events.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and issues in an ethical and timely manner
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of fundraising experience in special events/and or marketing and corporate partnerships.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory related experience.
- Cold-call sales experience and customer relationship building experiences are highly desirable.
- Experience with special event management, corporate partnerships contract negotiation, and brand development/communications is desirable.
- Strong presentation skills, oral and written are required.
- Must know how to close the deal, confirm mutual understandings, and manage volunteer participation to successful outcomes.
- Must pay close attention to details; be able to manage multiple activities under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Must be organized with acute attention to detail
- Computer competency including familiarity with MS Office, PIDI, and Raisers Edge
- Must have a proven track record of special events fundraising and management experience
- Individual must be creative, imaginative, and innovative.
- Efficiently multi-task by prioritizing and shifting gears quickly
- Keen understanding of the fundamentals of fundraising and how events relate to fundraising
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with high-level donors
- Requires ability to quickly grasp conceptual plans and implement with attention to the finest details, accurately and in a timely manner
We encourage a candidate who demonstrates outstanding inter-personal communication and the ability to lead in a team environment or independently, with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off.